Monday, July 2, 2012

Welcome

The fact of the matter is I've started a blog before. I think I made about 3 posts before hanging up the towel. Or is it hanging up my hat or.... throwing in the towel. I think that's how it goes...anyways, Truth be told, I just didn't have the energy to care for a newborn and come up with a million witty phrases about how cute she was on a regular basis. She was/ and still is amazingly cute.... but I digress. This blog is not about my amazingly gorgeous daughter. Rather about all three of us , and our journey towards becoming a mostly green/sustainable/crunchy/granola family. However you describe it, what it simply is , is a return to our "roots" so to speak. A desire to free ourselves from the over-stimulating, consumer driven America we call home.

We have no problems with being Americans. We love America. But, we've come to realize as we have grown into our little family that the things we find most important are not inherently "American" values. At least not anymore. So, we're joining a quickly growing national effort to change the way things are done. Will we be models of sustainable living? Probably not. Probably far from it. After all, regardless of the fact that I use it to transport five adults and one baby on a regular basis, I still drive an SUV. At least it has "ECO drive". Yeah I know, that doesn't count. We will however strive to do what we can when we can, and I guess that's all we can ask of anyone, after all.

Gardening, although it's hight on my priority list is not possible in the immediate future due to our living situation, so until we are in a home of our own that won't be happening. I've debated on whether or not to make a "bucket list" of greening. Dare I list all the things I would like to eventually change in our home to get us closer to living the most simple life possible? I might be here all night, and it is already Eleven. Way past this tired mama's bed time. Perhaps I will save that for another entry. Besides, I have to keep you hooked somehow right? RIGHT!?

So, here is my promise to you, if you actually kept reading up until this point. I will at least try to keep up with this blog on a weekly basis. Note the word Try. I do after all have a 14 month old. I have lots of fun things to share so stay tuned and stay crunchy! Oh and because I can't resist, here is a photo of the monkey in her cloth diaper helping us sweep the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment